Customer Guidelines for Visiting a Dealership
The safety and well-being of our employees and customers remains our number one priority during these challenging times and we’ve put together a comprehensive plan and set of guidelines to enable us to operate safely and minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
When visiting one of our dealerships, please follow the following guidelines:
- Keep to the appointment given – this helps us manage the number of people within the dealership at any one time
- Where appropriate, complete as much paperwork as possible digitally before your visit – our staff will guide you with this
- Come to the dealership on your own whenever possible
- Sanitise your hands on arrival
- Pay attention to the signage within the dealership and follow the direction given – in places we’ve created one-way systems and some doors are entry/exit only
- Maintain a 2-metre distance from staff and other customers
- Stay behind the Perspex desk shields when being served
- Feel free to use the Nitrile gloves available within the dealership
- If leaving your vehicle with us, remove all other keys from your key-ring so we’re left with just the single car/van key
- Bear in mind our refreshment facilities will be closed, as will waiting areas in some dealerships
- Avoid waiting in the dealership whilst your vehicle is being serviced or repaired
- Pay by credit/debit card or bank transfer as guided
- Come into the dealership if you feel unwell with a raised temperature and/or new, continuous cough, or if a member of your household is displaying these symptoms. In these cases, please contact us to re-arrange your appointment once any self-isolation period has passed
- Shake hands with members of staff
- Bring anyone else into the dealership with you if at all possible
- Ask to pay by cash or cheque – we can’t accept these methods of payment
What Should I Expect When I Leave My Vehicle for Service?
- We will disinfect the key touch-points before the Technician begins working on your vehicle.
- The Technician will use a protection pack comprising seat and steering wheel covers
- The Technician will wear protective gloves whilst working on your vehicle
- Your vehicle will have the key touch-points disinfected again once all work has been completed and prior to your collection
What Should I Expect When I Come to Collect My New Car or Van?
- We will endeavour to deal with all documentation digitally prior to the hand-over date
- In order to maintain social distancing, only one customer will be allowed in the hand-over area at any one time. For this reason, we ask that you come to the dealership to collect your new vehicle on your own
- If there is any further documentation that could not be completed digitally, you’ll be directed to a sanitised ‘signing area’ where the paperwork will be highlighted for your signature
- Prior to your visit, your new vehicle will be fully valeted and sanitised ready for hand-over
- If you are part-exchanging a vehicle, a member of the team will re-appraise your vehicle and you’ll be asked to leave all associated documentation in a tray in the sanitised ‘signing area’
- To keep your collection appointment as swift as possible, we will limit the time spent explaining the vehicle’s controls and features whilst you are at the dealership. However, we will be offering follow-up, live video calls as well as pre-recorded video content to help answer any questions you may have regarding your new vehicle
- Your sanitised keys will be passed to you in a sealed bag and you’re free to drive away your new car or van!