Don't Disregard Diesel!
You may have seen some negative press surrounding diesel engine vehicles of late, here are some facts to help tell the full story….
- On average, diesels use 15-20% less fuel that like-for-like petrol models, so diesel makes a lot more sense for high-mileage drivers
- In 2009 Diesel Particulate Filters became mandatory in order to meet EU standards. These filters remove 99% of particulate matter or soot from the exhaust gas
- Euro 6 diesel vehicles incorporate technology to reduce Nitrogen Oxide emissions by 67% before they reach the exhaust.
- Euro 6 diesel vehicles are classed as low-emission for the purpose of London’s Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) due to come into force on 8th April 2019. They will therefore not be subject to this new charge
- All vehicles meeting Euro 4 standards or above (Euro 5 and Euro 6) are exempt from London’s new T-Charge (which targets the most polluting petrol vehicles as well as diesel)
We have a fantastic range of economic, Euro 6 diesel vehicles. For more details please browse the offers on our website and take a look at our ‘Technical Spec’ tab for each vehicle, which provides information on Fuel Economy, CO2 emissions and the relevant Euro banding. Alternatively, please contact our sales team who will be happy to provide you with further information – please click the ‘contact us’ tab above for our full contact details.