We are proud to be a Cornerstone Employer
We are delighted to announce that we have today agreed to a new partnership to support young people in Suffolk by becoming one of The Careers & Enterprise Company Cornerstone Employers.
Regular, meaningful encounters with employers is an absolutely vital part of preparing and inspiring young people for the world of work. We know that this kind of support means young people are less likely to be not in education, employment or training (NEET) when they leave school.
Becoming a Cornerstone Employer means we are committing to working together with our networks, the wider business community and schools and colleges to make this happen in Suffolk.
What is a Cornerstone Employer?
A Cornerstone Employer is a business that is invested in the successful and sustainable delivery of careers education for young people and commits to join a leadership group of local businesses to support the schools, colleges and young people in their area.
The Cornerstone Employers work together with their networks and the wider business community to ensure all young people have the opportunities they need to be prepared and inspired for the world of work.
Cornerstone Employers may be large or small businesses, at local or national level, but it is important that they are:
1. experienced in engaging with education and so can lead by example and share their experience with other businesses;
2. dedicated to investing time and resource to benefit schools, colleges and young people;
3. committed to working with other Cornerstone Employers in an Opportunity Area or Careers Hub;
4. willing to galvanise their business networks in the area, to collaboratively meet the needs of schools, colleges and young people; and
5. focused on sustainability and act as an ambassador and champion for social mobility.
If you would like to find out more about our new role as a Cornerstone Employer, you can visit here: https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/employers/cornerstone-employers