<<< Back to Job Listings
Transport & Logistics Manager
John Grose are one of East Anglia’s longest-established motor dealer groups with numerous awards and accolades for outstanding customer satisfaction and performance.
We sell in excess of 9000 vehicles per year, more and more of which are delivered directly to our customers all over the UK by our team of dedicated drivers. Our delivery logistics team operates from a 12-acre storage compound and vehicle preparation centre on Ransomes Europark using a fleet of six delivery trucks and trailers.
Additionally, the Transport team provides essential support to all departments within the business and is the face of John Grose when delivering vehicles to customers. This is an exciting time for us as we plan to grow and develop our transport operations.
As Transport & Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing our team of drivers, currently numbering around 40, which includes both full-time and as & when employees
- Our fleet of delivery trucks and trailers, ensuring all maintenance schedules and regulatory requirements are adhered to correctly
- Ensuring we remain compliant with regard to driver hours and tachograph regulations
- Overseeing the storage compound, including receiving vehicle deliveries from our manufacturer partners
- Recruiting, inducting and training new employees to the business
- Liaising with customers to arrange the delivery of their vehicle
- Ensuring vehicles are prepared and checked thoroughly prior to delivery
- Planning the most efficient routes for deliveries and return vehicles
The automotive retail world is evolving at a pace, so successful candidates will not only need the traditional communication skills, but also to embrace the latest technology. Being well-organised with a flexible outlook and good numeracy and literacy skills is essential, as is excellent attention to detail and being able to prioritise and manage deadlines.
Most important is the ability to work and communicate well with both colleagues and customers; a ‘can-do’ attitude is absolutely critical.
For us, the right attitude and a determination to help our business develop and succeed are more important than previous experience and we welcome applicants who can demonstrate the right mindset and are looking for a diverse and engaging career opportunity in the world of transport and logistics.
The successful candidate will be supported with training, including CPC qualification if needed. The role is full-time and hours are Monday to Friday, with only an occasional need to work Saturday.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’re looking for please email email@example.com or apply using the link below